Fleur Heyns is Dutch, born in the UK in 1975. She graduated from Oxford University with an MSc in Biochemistry in 1997 and started her career in investment banking at JP Morgan in 1998. In 1999 she moved to Johannesburg South Africa with JPMorgan.
In March 2000 she co-founded Global Trader, an emerging market retail derivatives brokerage which as global CEO she expanded into Europe ( London, Dublin and Moscow), Asia (Bangkok) and North America (Toronto). Global Trader was successfully sold in 2007. After the sale of Global Trader Fleur founded “yatrade”, an electronic retail broking platform in Russia, intended to be the Russian E Trade. It, however, did not survive the 2008 market crash and was dissolved.
Fleur and her family moved back to London in 2009. In November 2009 she attended the Insead Social Entrepreneurship Program (ISEP) and has since become currently active in the following;
• provided seed funding for Osmosis Investment Management (www.osmosisim.com) , an asset management business creating performance based resource efficient investment products;
• Keith White Design (www.keithwhite.co.za), a high end jewellery manufacturer in Johannesburg also aiming at SA skills development;
• active Board member of Ardmore Ceramics (www.ardmoreceramics.co.za), a South African ceramics business that employs HIV positive artists;
• industry advisor to global private equity firm Texas Pacific Group (acquisition of Danish firm SaxoBank Aug 2011);
• Advisor to Clearly So; a UK social entrepreneurs’ networking facility
• Executive committee member Young Presidents Organisation (“YPO”) London
Fleur is now building the UKs first impact investment intermediary business that aims to launch in September 2013. She hopes to demonstrate the “good” businesses of the future have impact and economic viability intertwined within their DNA.
Fleur is married to Gerrit Heyns and they have three children: Zac (7y), Nathalie (3y) and Sebastiaan (2y). They spend their time between London, Cape Town and Evian.
Fleur Heyns is a Founding Mentor and sits on the board of Emerge Venture Lab.